Sunday, July 10, 2011

Another Suitcase in Another Hall...

With this blog post, I mark the last recording of my Argentine adventures as well as absolute proof that I am utterly incapable of blogging in a timely manner.  Saturday morning marked my return to The States, and I can't decide whether or not I was lucky that American Airlines didn't cancel my flight home.  One member of my group did remain stuck in Argentina, but the rest of us made it on to flights out of Buenos Aires.  As of now, I find myself missing Argentina more than I ever did The States.  From little things like the guy in my Subte station from whom I bought my newspaper every morning, the fresh-baked bread in the grocery store on my block, and Monday morning Medialunas at La Academia to big things that define Buenos Aires as a city like the architecture, the people, the food, the music, I miss so many things and people and places that Buenos Aires feels more like a home than my house.  I know it seems silly, but I do miss Argentina that much.

On that note, I close the first hand account of my travels in Argentina (and most likely mark my last reference to the musical Evita in a blog post).  However, I plan on staying up to date on Argentine current events, so there will definitely be re-postings of on-line articles (probably in Spanish, so click on the links at your own discretion).

So what now?  As of the writing of this post, my bags are packed and I am preparing to go to Cambridge University (specifically Jesus College) to study Global Religion and Classical Greek (so be prepared for a lot of jokes about the fact that I will be studying religion at Jesus College).  Yeah..... the posts are about to get way more philosophical and heavy.  I plan on doing my best to blog my classes, but, as you can tell by now, I am not the most regular blogger.  Still, I will keep you up to date with pictures and news from my next adventures!

Until I have news from Cambridge!
-Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment