Thursday, August 11, 2011

Farewell to Jesus

Sadly my friends, I have left Jesus and have returned to the sleepy, muggy, boring town of Harrison, NY.  Having returned home, I realize how truly spoiled for interesting occurrences I have been.  That aside, let us begin the recap post:

My classes in Cambridge were only rivaled in excellence by the people I met there.  I learned so much from Beth (my major teacher) and Dr. Marsh (my minor teacher), and I hope to further my learning through the Global Scholars program this year.  My major class, Religion and Global Culture was never lacking for something to discuss as Beth kept the class really contemporary and contextualized by having us read through newspapers each morning to look for the ethical, philosophical, and religious stories of the day.  Dr. Marsh kept the class entertained with his wild quips and choice of source material in Classical Greece.  I hope the joy I experienced at Jesus College, Cambridge was reflected in my blogging.  Of course my experience would not have been close to the same with out the wonderful group of friends I met in college.  Without them I would not have enjoyed myself nearly as much.  I have truly met some wonderful people over my summer.

So what now?  I have two weeks at home (which I have so far spent sleeping off my jet lag and sleep deprivation.  For this reason my blog posts are up so late and so out of order) before I continue my jet setting.  This time with my parents and this time to The Black Sea.  My next trip may not be as intellectually stimulating (it is, after all, a vacation), but I am looking forward to blogging cultural opportunities and experiences.  After that, the summer is over.  No more blogging and no more jet setting for school recognition.  Sad Face.  In any event, I intend to enjoy the last bits of my summer for all they are worth and think about what I'll be blogging after this...

No comments:

Post a Comment