Friday, June 10, 2011

... And My Travels Begin!

Hello everyone!  Or should I say ¡Hola!

As of now, my bags are packed and I am ready to go.  My first blogable adventure of the summer will take me to Argentina with the Sol Abroad programs.  Setting aside my recent completion of Spanish IIIH at Greenwich Academy, I am currently listening to the Evita soundtrack, thus completely preparing me for a month of speaking Spanish in the capital of Argentina: Buenos Aires.

As you can see, I've linked to the program I am traveling with as well as the two shops most of the clothing I packed came from.  The Sol Abroad programs looked fantastic to me because of the total immersion factor as well as because of the cultural and community service opportunities that I will get to participate in.  According to my program calender, I will get to have a weekend in Uruguay building houses.  I'm really excited about this both because I've never done something like this before and because I feel like my stage tech background will really be helpful to me during the program (oh yes, I know my way around power tools).  Additionally, there are a number of city walks and cultural tours on my calender, so I'm really looking forward to getting to know Buenos Aires better.

That's all for now, but look for my next post which should be going up when I get to my host mom's house (there will be pictures, I promise!).

No comments:

Post a Comment