Sunday, June 12, 2011

Ice Cream and Orientation

And we are up and running!  Luckily my house mate was able to loan me her adaptor, so I'm back on my own computer.  It was really strange typing on a keyboard designed for Spanish; not only were there extra letters, I couldn't find the apostrophe forcing me to use an accent mark whenever I used contractions.  But that's all in the past and I can safely use contractions and add pictures!!

I met up with the others in my program for orientation in front of "Freddo"
The Ice Cream is sinfully delicious!  I got to try a combination of Dulce de Leche and Strawberry; ¡fue ricíssimo!  Orientation itself was nothing special, just house rules and how to use a cell phone in Argentina (harder than it sounds).  The important part of the experience was the ice cream (fue un pecado).
Afterwards we headed across the street to a Cemetery; I know, it sounds strange, but bear with me.  Many of Argentina's most famous figures are buried there including the Perón family.  Apparently, Perón is still a controversial figure in Argentine culture.  The cemetery was really interesting and definitely a stop I would recommend for anyone going to Argentina.

Goodnight everyone!  Pictures from the cemetery to follow...



(Sorry About the alignment!  I can't figure out how to change it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment