Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Moving Up in the World (of Spanish Classes)



So yeah, that's the new room.  I am now in level 6, which is a completely different world both physically and conceptually (you actually have to walk up a very narrow flight of stairs and across the roof to get there).  In my last class I was able to contribute semi-meaningfully to the conversation whereas now I am simply unable to say anything.  You see, the subject is politics.  While I have been reading the paper for the past week (the slightly right wing La Nacion to be specific), I remain completely uninformed regarding Argentine/Latin American politics.  In other words, it is not - as I suspect my new teacher suspects - a lack of spanish vocabulary that keeps me silent, but a lack of information.  Luckily, the conversation turned to Human Rights, a subject regarding which I am slightly more informed as it was the subject of my midterm oral exam.  So far the class is working out well (i.e. I am actually being challenged by the grammar) and I hope to be able to remain.

This will have to remain a short post, as I have done nothing particularly exciting today.  Many apologies dear readers!  I shall leave you with some pictures of La Plaza de San Martín and hopes that my next post will be more interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment