Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Joys of Technical Dificulties

Greetings everyone! 
A few notes on traveling:
  1. Make sure you bring the right charger/adaptors
  2. Make sure you bring small bills
  3. Remember that nothing in Buenos Aires is open on a Sunday
Yes, yours truly, traveler extraordinaire, has managed to screw up all of these things.  It turns out that I didn´t pack adaptors that work with a three pronged american plug (i.e. a grounded plug) so I can´t charge my own laptop until my other charger gets here (thank god for parents willing to fed-ex things internationally).  For this reason, you all will have to excuse some irregularites in spelling and punctuation as I am currently typing on a key board designed for someone writing in spanish.  Hooray for cultural differences!  Oh, and there will definitely be no pictures until I get my own laptop up and running.

Anyway, today marked my first breakfast in Buenos Aires.  New experience of the day: seing someone eat a sandwich for breakfast.  I suppose that shouldn´t be too weird.  We didn´t eat breakfast until 11:30 since no one wakes up nearly as early as I do (It´s 12:45 and the other girl staying here still isn´t up).  My host mom is already cooking something delicious for lunch involving potatoes and eggs, so I can´t wait to try some more delicious Argentinian food.  I feel genuinely spoiled; as soon as I get to Cambridge, I´ll be eating cafeteria food and pre-prepared sandwiches.  I most definitely intend to make the most of the delicious cuisine while I´m here.

This afternoon, I´ll be heading out on a walking tour of Palermo (which is where I´m staying) with the Sol Abroad group.  We´ll be taking in the city on foot and probably finding somewhere to grab a bite for dinner.  Things are looking great, and I´ll be sure to keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment